Python & PHP in Web Development : A Bird’s Eye View. Today’s digital world has been evolving rapidly and every organization needs to possess a web application, depending on their needs. This blog post will look at two of the best programming languages among web developers – Python and PHP – their unique features and their benefits in developing a web application.
Choosing either one could be difficult since they are easy to understand and widely selected among the developers. So check out the details here and also what makes them set apart.
What is PHP?
PHP or Hypertext Pre-processor is a server-side high-level scripting language used for web development. PHP is considered to be the ‘go-to’ option for web developers. It is mainly because PHP has many plug-ins, libraries, great features, several add-ons, and excellent community support.
PHP is used for:
- Mailing services
- E-commerce platforms
- Online communities, forums, etc.
- Project management tools
- Graphical User Interfaces
- Web pages – static and dynamic
Features & Benefits of PHP:
Some of the highlighting features of PHP are as follows:
- They are easy to employ and maintain.
- PHP could be made to run on every platform.
- They are simple to use. Beginners with basic programming knowledge can quickly learn them.
- PHP is an open-source language that can be downloaded and used for free.
- They support all operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Unix.
- PHP also possesses in-built SQL support systems.
What is Python?
Python is a high-level object-oriented programming language used in various applications, including web development, data science, and machine learning.
The cornerstone of python’s success in recent times has been that it is easy to learn, making it the most chosen programming language.
What is Python Used For?
Some world-class software companies that use Python are Google, Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Quora, Netflix, Dropbox, etc.
Python is mainly utilized for:
- Web app development
- Data analysis and Machine Learning (ML)
- Software testing
- Scripting & automation
Features & Benefits of Python
- Python is easy to learn, understand and maintain.
- Easy for beginners, as it contains simple and easy coding.
- Like PHP, Python also works on multiple platforms.
- Python is known for its versatility – used in web development, AI, ML and even IoT applications.
So What Sets Them Apart?
- Python has more memory consumption compared to PHP.
- PHP is vulnerable to data breaches, but Python has several security features to build complex apps.
- With AI and ML in play, Python is a scalable solution compared to PHP.
- PHP is a readymade programming language for web development purposes, whereas Python requires frameworks such as Django, Flask, Web2Py, etc.
- Since the inception of PHP7, PHP has been considered to be faster than Python in Web Development.
- Scalability – Python is easy to revamp, but PHP is a bit time-consuming.
Summing it up
Both are best in their own spaces. For example, PHP sounds to be a better option if a company prefers web development as its leading portfolio. On the other hand, python might be an excellent choice for organizations involving data science and big data. So, it’s up to you to decide the perfect fit for your working style or organizational need.